Who & What
Wycliffe is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to translate the Bible into every written and spoken language in the world. Wycliffe originally engaged Candoris in hopes of assistance with implementing Salesforce for their organization.
A typical Candoris Salesforce project involves an initial discovery process to learn about the organization and their business processes. Upon completion of the discovery, Candoris identified the following major needs:
- Migrating Wycliffe from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce
- Automating/simplifying lengthy business processes that were in place because of Raiser’s Edge
- Migrating Wycliffe’s prayer department from a legacy SharePoint site to Salesforce
- Integrating Salesforce with Wycliffe’s donation gateways
- Integrating Salesforce with Pardot
- Integrating Salesforce with Eventbrite
- Integrating Salesforce with Serenic Navigator with a plan to move to Workday Finance within a month of go-live
- Integrating Salesforce with Workday HR
One of the biggest obstacles to overcome was how to migrate Wycliffe’s current database from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce. Some of Wycliffe’s largest datasets included over 16 million records that needed to be regularly pulled out of Raiser’s Edge and into Salesforce so that training/data validation would remain accurate. The initial migration took two weeks of system processing for Salesforce to replicate this data. The Candoris team developed a custom migration solution utilizing advanced Salesforce features to narrow down the final go-live migration time to 2.5 days. This technology is now being employed to streamline and reduce the cost for all of Candoris’ data migrations.
“The Salesforce solution Candoris implemented for us is enhancing our data, improving our processes, and streamlining our efforts. Staff have been enabled and empowered to take ownership of their processes and their data, and this has made a remarkable difference.”
– Virginia Steger, Wycliffe Associate Director of Data Management
Candoris worked alongside Wycliffe’s development team for almost a year before going live with Salesforce and shutting down Raiser’s Edge. This included providing over six months of training for hundreds of Wycliffe staff across various departments. Hard work resulted in across-the-board adoption and overall project success.